Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm old!!

I have had several moments lately that remind me of my age....and how advanced in years I'm becoming....



I know I'm old when....
-There is a definite generation gap between me and my roommates.
-I can say I am over a quarter of a century old
-Friends who were Beehives (12 years old) when I was a Laurel (18 years old) are having children.
-I enjoy going to bed early
-I have an official career now....weird
-I am responsible for big life changing decisions at work as well
-I am seeing styles from when I was younger come back...some good and some not so good
-I think cartoons now are dumb compared to when I was little
-I want to learn old lady things like sewing, knitting, crocheting, and quilting. (AND I LIKE IT!)
-I look forward to living by myself in the near future. (I will miss my roommates though...)
-I get asked a lot how my children are doing or if I have any (awkward cause I don't have any and I'm single).

I have decided I am going to be exactly like the lady in the picture above....or maybe I will be one of those old ladies that will always have cookies and treats for everyone and I will be the neighborhood grandma that everyone loves! Yup that will be me! So bring it on! I am ready for mu-mus, crazy thick glasses, and my walker with the tennis balls on the bottom! Woot woot for getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment